I hate when interesting things come up on the rotating AOL news feed! Because it takes so long to read it and get to the point but every now and then I can’t resist clicking on an interesting topic. Today, I saw a lady holding a peeled clove of garlic between her lips. I just had to check it out.
Turns out the article was about ways to get rid of cold sores-which I get from time to time. So I waded through all the advertisements and here’s some of the treatments:
- Dab milk on the sore and leave it on–do several times a day.
- Peroxide instead of milk–same idea.
- Peppermint oil instead of milk or peroxide. Can also use Tea Tree Oil or vanilla.
- Eat licorice. (Yuck–I don’t like it.)
- And hold a clove of garlic on it for 5 minutes.
They also recommend holding ice on it to reduce the swelling and the pain. I wonder what would happen if I combined all the ingredients together to make one super-duper treatment! I can’t say I want to get another cold sore but the next time I do, I hope I remember these treatments!
YOUR TURN: Got any old family remedies for whatever ails you that you’d like to share?
GOD BLESS & GOOD READING!